lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Alan Miller <alan.mill...@gmail.com>
Subject SolR for time-series data
Date Sat, 03 Dec 2011 17:10:07 GMT
Hi,

I have a webapp that plots a bunch of time series data which
is just a series of doubles coupled with a timestamp.

Every chart in my webapp has a chart_id in my db and i am wondering if it
would be
effective to usr solr to serve the data to my app instead of keeping the
data in my rdbms.

Currently I'm using hadoop to calc and generate the report data and the
sticking it in my
rdbms but I could use solrj client to upload the data to a solr index
directly.

I know solr if for indexing text documents but would it be effective to use
solr in this way?

I want to query by chart_id and get back a series of timestamp:double pairs.

Regards
Alan