lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Suneel <pandey.sun...@gmail.com>
Subject Doubt Regarding Shards Index
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2012 19:02:27 GMT
I am using solr My index becomes too large I want to implement shards concept
but i have some doubt. i searched a lot but not found satisfied result.

1. We need to create handler for shards in solrconfig.xml ?

2. Index will be different for each shards instance means we need to break
data in part to create index for each instance or index will be same?

3. How i will recognize which instance return the result ?

Please provide me above details this will be very helpful for me.

Thanks & Regards
Suneel Pandey