lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Devon Baumgarten <dbaumgar...@nationalcorp.com>
Subject RE: Solr, SQL Server's LIKE
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2012 16:45:06 GMT
Great suggestion! Thanks for keeping it simple for a complete Solr newbie.

I'm going to go try this right now.

Thanks!
Devon Baumgarten

-----Original Message-----
From: Shawn Heisey [mailto:solr@elyograg.org]
Sent: Monday, January 02, 2012 12:30 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Solr, SQL Server's LIKE

On 12/29/2011 3:51 PM, Devon Baumgarten wrote:
> N-Grams get me pretty great results in general, but I don't want the results for this
particular search to be fuzzy. How can I prevent the fuzzy matches from appearing?

> Ex: If I search "Albatross" I want "Albert" to be excluded completely, rather than having
a low score.

To achieve this while using the ngram filter, just do the ngram analysis
on the index side, but not on the query side.  If you do this, you'll
likely need a maxGramSize larger than would normally be required (which
will make the index larger), and you might need to use the LengthFilter too.

Thanks,
Shawn