lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Tanguy Moal <tanguy.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Optional filter queries
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2012 08:39:47 GMT
I think I misunderstood your issue, what I said applies only to sorting
on that field.

As soon as you perform a filter by querying a particuliar field,
documents without a value in that field are filtered out.

Christopher is right in is answer, and therefor by ORing both filters
you should get the results-set you were expected.

You might then want to sort on that field, and this time my previous
answer could help ;-).

Sorry for confusing you!