lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Michael Della Bitta <michael.della.bi...@appinions.com>
Subject Re: HTTP Auth and Distributed Search?
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2012 22:01:51 GMT
Really? Is that in a .properties file somewhere, or would I have to do
it in code?

I was sort of hoping I'd be able to add the credentials to the URL in
the shards field, but looking at the source, that won't fly. While we're
on the topic, it might be nice to be able to specify the connection
scheme, too (e.g. for HTTPS).

I'd be willing to make a patch if there's a decision on the way this
should work.

Thanks,

Michael

On Thu, 2012-04-26 at 17:55 -0400, Mark Miller wrote:
> On Apr 26, 2012, at 5:25 PM, Michael Della Bitta wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm wondering if there's any way to use container-based HTTP auth and
> > Distributed Search configured in the SearchHandler that I haven't
> > discovered aside from writing my own shard handler implementation.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Michael
> >

> I think there is an ugly global way to support this by setting some global properties
for HttpClient. I can't remember clearly offhand though.