lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Trym R. Møller" <t...@sigmat.dk>
Subject Recovery - too many updates received since start
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2012 13:31:08 GMT
Hi

I experience that a Solr looses its connection with Zookeeper and
re-establish it. After Solr is reconnection to Zookeeper it begins to
recover.
It has been missing the connection approximately 10 seconds and
meanwhile the leader slice has received some documents (maybe about 1000
documents). Solr fails to update peer sync with the log message:
Apr 21, 2012 10:13:40 AM org.apache.solr.update.PeerSync sync
WARNING: PeerSync: core=mycollection_slice21_shard1
url=zk-1:2181,zk-2:2181,zk-3:2181 too many updates received since start
- startingUpdates no longer overlaps with our currentUpdates

Looking into PeerSync and UpdateLog I can see that 100 updates is the
maximum allowed updates that a shard can be behind.
Is it correct that this is not configurable and what is the reasons for
choosing 100?

I suspect that one must compare the work needed to replicate the full
index with the performance loss/resource usage when enhancing the size
of the UpdateLog?

Any comments regarding this is greatly appreciated.

Best regards Trym