lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jan Høydahl <jan....@cominvent.com>
Subject Re: minimum match and not matched words / term frequency in query result
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2012 22:57:12 GMT
Hi,

Which query terms that match may of course vary from document to document, so it would be
hard to globally print non matching terms. But for each individual document match, you could
deduct what terms do not match by enumerating what terms that DO match - using the explain
output for instance.

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

On 18. apr. 2012, at 17:34, giovanni.bricconi@banzai.it wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have a dismax query with a mininimum match settings, this allows some terms to be missing
in query results.

> I would like give a feedback to the user, highlighting the not matched words. It would
be interesting also to show the words with a very low frequence.

> For instance searching for "purple pendrive" I would highlight that the results ignore
the term "purple",  beacuse we don't have any.

> Can you suggest how to approach the problem?
>
> I was thinking about the debugQuery output, but since I will not get details about all
the results I probably will  miss something.

> I am trying to write a new SearchComponent but I don't know how to get term frequency
data from a ResponseBuilder object... I am new to solr/lucene programming.