lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Phill Tornroth <famousactr...@gmail.com>
Subject Per-User Sorting on an ExternalFileField
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2012 23:07:26 GMT
I'm trying pretty hard to come up with a solution that lets me sort by
per-user scores that I calculate based on my data. Today, I'm trying to use
a combination of ExternalFileField and dynamic fields, where the
presumption is that each user might have their own file full of scores. I
think the fields are hooked up okay, but I can't sort on them because it
appears ExternalFileField explicitly doesn't support this operation.

SEVERE: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException
at
org.apache.solr.schema.ExternalFileField.getSortField(ExternalFileField.java:91)

I'm using Solr 3.5. Does anyone have a suggestion as to how to end up
adding this extra dimension so that I can do per-user relevance? It seems
like an oft-asked, rarely-answered question.

Thanks in advance,

Phill