lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From solr user <solr.user...@gmail.com>
Subject Using Customized sorting in Solr
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2012 06:10:05 GMT
Hi,

We are planning to move the search of one of our listing based portal to
solr/lucene search server from sphinx search server. But we are facing a
challenge is porting customized sorting being used in our portal. We only
have last 60 days of data live.The algorithm is as follows:-

   1.  Put all listings into 54 buckets – (Date bucket for 60 days)  i.e.
   buckets of 7day, 1 day, 1 day……
   2.  For each date bucket we make 2 buckets –(Paid / free bucket)
   3.  For each paid / free bucket cycle the advertisers on uniqueness basis

                  i.e. inside a bucket the ordering should be 1st listing
of each advertiser, 2nd listing of each advertiser and so on
                  in other words within a *sub-bucket* second listing of an
advertiser will be displayed only after first listing of all advertiser has
been displayed.

For taking care of point 1 and 2 we have created a field named bucket_index
at the time of indexing the data and get the results sorted by this index,
but we are not able to find a way to create a sort field at index time or
think of a sort function for the point no 3.  Please suggest if there is a
way to do so in solr.

Tia,

BC Rathore