lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Jack Krupansky" <j...@basetechnology.com>
Subject Re: Cannot get highlighting to work
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2012 12:43:40 GMT
I got confused in the last paragraph - does a purely alphabetic term get
highlighted properly or not? I am trying to figure out if the problem
relates only to terms that decompose into phrases (as alphanumeric terms do)
or for all terms. Thanks.

If the analyzer changes, the data must be reindexed.

-- Jack Krupansky

-----Original Message-----
From: Asfand Qazi
Sent: Friday, June 01, 2012 5:08 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Cannot get highlighting to work

On 31/05/12 21:10, Jack Krupansky wrote:
> Try a query that uses a term that doesn't split an alphanumeric term
> into two terms.
>
> Then check to see what field type you used for the symbol and
> marker_symbol fields and whether the analyzer for that field type has
> changed in 3.6.

Aha - yes, not using number fields makes the highlighter work.  The
analyzer had been changed by another dev (helpfully) for the fields I
was trying to highlight to solr.KeywordTokenizerFactory - I changed it
back to solr.WhitespaceTokenizerFactory, as it was in the 1.4 config.

With a lot of hope I tried to fire the same query, but the exact same
thing happened - the highlighting for a document is an empty document
(i.e. { } ) just like before.

Any other clues?

Thanks

--