lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Trym R. Møller" <t...@sigmat.dk>
Subject Search request on Solr Cloud
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2012 15:32:35 GMT
Hi

I would like to execute the following query on Solr trunk (cloud):
http://localhost:8983/solr/select?collection=myCollection&q=*%3A*&start=0&rows=10&wt=xml

<http://localhost:8983/solr/x/select?collection=edr_sms_2011_05&q=*%3A*&start=0&rows=10&wt=xml>

but it fails with a http 404 error.

1. Looking into SolrDispatchFilter#doFilter it seems like the query
needs either a shard name, a collection name between "solr" and
"/select" elements in the path or a defaultCoreName. Is this correct?

2. Looking into solr.xml it seems like I can specify the defaultCoreName
in the <cores>-tag. Is this correct?

3. I create my cores dynamically and information about these are stored
in zookeeper. Is it possible to store the defaultCoreName in zookeeper
as well and where should I look to get information about how to this?

Thanks for any comments on this.

Best regards Trym