lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Savvas Andreas Moysidis <savvas.andreas.moysi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: possible status codes from solr during a (DIH) data import process
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2012 17:51:31 GMT
Hello,

Driven by the same requirements we also implemented the same polling
mechanism (in java) and found it a bit awkward and error prone having
to search through the returned response for occurrences of the terms
"failure" or "Rollback" etc.
It would be *really* handy if the status command returned numeric
values to reflect the current state of the DIH process (similar to the
HTTP status codes a server sends to a web browser).

Our 2 cents.. :)