lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Jack Krupansky" <j...@basetechnology.com>
Subject Re: How can I remove the home page priority of site home page from search results
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2012 06:14:49 GMT
Add &debugQuery=true to your query and check how the home page is scored.
That should give you a clue why the title is not boosting the score enough.
Maybe you simply need a higher boost for title, but let the debugQuery
scoring be your guide.

Actually, if you are explicitly referencing a field in your query
("title:abc"), that won't pick up the title boost from the "qf" field list.
You would need an explicit boost in the query itself.

But, I'm not sure I understand how your  query gets expanded:
q=title:'.$keywords.'

Maybe you wanted: q=title:(.$keywords.), because otherwise spaces between
the keywords would end the first "fielded term" and then proceed to
reference the dismax field list (qf).

-- Jack Krupansky

-----Original Message-----
From: Shameema Umer
Sent: Friday, June 01, 2012 1:46 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: How can I remove the home page priority of site home page from
search results

My query is like this:

?q=title:'.$keywords.'&defType=edismax&qf=title^10 url^9
content^5&start=0&rows=10&version=2.2&indent=on&hl=true&hl.fl=content&hl.fragsize=300

My results show site home page as the first result even though there are
other pages with title scoring more for the given keywords.

I need to give less priority to site home page than other pages. Please
help.

Thanks
Shameema