lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Spadez <james_will...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Is SOLR best suited to this application - Finding co-ordinates
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2012 08:24:00 GMT
Normalising the data is a good idea, and it would be easy to do since I would
only have around 50,000 entires BUT it is a bit complicated with addresses I
think. Lets say I store the data in this form:

<Town><City><Country>

London, England
Swindon, Wiltshire, England
Wiltshire England
England

What happens if someone searches just "London", or just "Swindon". I assume
it wouldnt return any results because they would have to type London,
England for example. If I include an entry for London and "London, England"
then the autocomplete will show both, which would confuse the user.