lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Pierre GOSSÉ <pierre.go...@arisem.com>
Subject Cloud and cores
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2012 14:22:06 GMT
Hi all,

I'm playing around with SolrCloud and followed indications I found at http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrCloud/

-          Started Instance 1 with embedded zk

-          Started Instances 2 3 and 4 using Instance 1 as zk server.

Everything works fine.

Then, using CoreAdmin, I add a second core in collection1 for Instance 1 and 3 ... everything
is ok in the admin GUI, meaning that the graph show 2 shards of 3 server addresses each, those
having 2 cores showing to time on the graph.

collection1          shard1                  wks-pge:7574
wks-pge:8900
wks-pge:8983
shard2                  wks-pge:8983
wks-pge:7500
wks-pge:8900

On instances 1 and 3 I have 2 cores both at the bottom of the left column, and in the CoreAdmin
screen.

I restart everything, and find the server in what seems to be an inconsistent state : i.e.
graph still showing 2 shards of 3 server addresses, but CoreAdmin not showing my additional
cores any more.

Is there a problem in SolrCloud or CoreAdmin, or did I just do something stupid here ? :)

Pierre