lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Michael Kuhlmann <k...@solarier.de>
Subject Re: Urgent: Facetable but not Searchable Field
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2012 12:13:54 GMT
On 01.08.2012 13:58, jayakeerthi s wrote:
> We have a requirement, where we need to implement 2 fields as Facetable,
> but the values of the fields should not be Searchable.

Simply don't search for it, then it's not searchable.

Or do I simply don't understand your question? As long as Dismax doesn't
have the attribute in its qf parameter, it's not getting searched.

Or, if the user has direct access to Solr, then she can search for the
attribute. And can delete the index, or crash the server, if she likes.

So the short anser is: No. Facettable fields must be searchable. But
usually, this is no problem.

-Kuli