lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Tanguy Moal <tanguy.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: termFrequncy off and still use fastvector highlighter?
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2012 14:52:52 GMT
If think you could use a field without the term frequencies for searching,
that will solve your relevancy issues.
You can then have the exact same content in an other field (using a
copyField directive in your schema), having terms frequencies and positions
turned on, and use this particuliar for highlighting.
Searching and highlighting can be totally separated from my understanding.
You could even use an alternate query using the hl.q parameter so that you
can highlight terms that were not searched for, or have terms searched but
not highlighted.

Hope this helps,

--
Tanguy