lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Lance Norskog <goks...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: synonym file
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2012 05:39:07 GMT
If you must have them a query time, you need a custom implementation
for very very large files :) If you can use these synonyms at index
time instead of query time, that would help. When you index, do not
call commit very often.

The synonym filter implementation has a feature where it only saves
the first of a set of synonyms, so you don't get term explosion.

May I ask what is the use case?

On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 9:56 PM, Peyman Faratin <peyman@robustlinks.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a (23M) synonym file that takes a long time (3 or so minutes) to load and once
included seems to adversely affect the QTime of the application by approximately 4 orders
of magnitude.

--
Lance Norskog
goksron@gmail.com