lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Michael Ryan <mr...@moreover.com>
Subject RE: Is leading wildcard search turned on by default in Solr 3.6.1?
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2012 01:10:15 GMT
Yeah, the situation is kind of a pain right now. In https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-2438,
it was enabled by default and there is no way to disable without patching SolrQueryParser.
There's also the edismax parser which doesn't have a setting for this, which I've made a jira
for at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-3031.

I'm surprised other people haven't requested this, as any instance of serious size can be
brought to its knees by a wildcard query.

-Michael

-----Original Message-----
From: johnmunir@aol.com [mailto:johnmunir@aol.com]
Sent: Monday, November 12, 2012 7:58 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: RE: Is leading wildcard search turned on by default in Solr 3.6.1?

At one point, in some version of Solr, it was OFF by default, and you had to enable it via
a setting (either in solrconfig.xml or schema.xml, I don't remember).  It looks like this
is no longer the case.  Even worse, and if this is true, disabling it no longer seems to be
possible to disable it via a Solr setting!!

-- MJ