lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From sharat89 <everre...@gmail.com>
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2012 08:01:32 GMT
Hey,

 I am new to solr and java. I am working on a project that involves the use
of both. I want to learn the complete process of indexing a text file using
solr. Also, I'd like to learn how to interpret the results.

i am looking for outputs like "number of occurrences of a particular word" .

Please keep in mind that I am a total newbie. So, instructions that require
sufficient knowledge of solr and java wont be of any help to me. In case
there is a forum for beginners in Solr, I'd be grateful if you could
redirect me to such a forum.

 I read somewhere that indexing text files is not a straight forward process
as it involves changing some entries in some key working files prior to
starting solr.

Any help in this regard would be much appreciated.
Thanks