lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Nagendra Nagarajayya <nnagaraja...@transaxtions.com>
Subject Re: [Announce] Apache Solr 4.0 with RankingAlgorithm 1.4.4 and Realtime NRT available for download
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2012 14:36:04 GMT
Yup, the whole idea of providing a patch is to ensure that the
contribution goes into Solr.  I have renamed realtime nrt to
realtime-search <http://solr-ra.tgels.org/realtime-nrt.jsp> based on
feedback on the list.

I have provided a new patch for the 4.x trunk:

All the tests pass with realtime-search turned off and on. The only
thing missing is adding a test case to test realtime-search. I will also
provide a patch for the 5.x trunk.

BTW, I was looking at elasticsearch yesterday and they do not have
realtime-search yet. They have a realtime get and index refresh (which
is supposed to slow down your indexing/searches if enabled ).
realtime-search is very fast ( and on my linux system was faster than
the regular commit sometime back). realtime-search does not need the
transaction log so may go even more faster with it being turned off.

Regards,

Nagendra Nagarajayya
http://solr-ra.tgels.org
http://rankingalgorithm.tgels.org