lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Nathan Findley <nat...@zenlok.com>
Subject Re: Solr 3.6 -> 4.0
Date Sun, 04 Nov 2012 17:20:12 GMT
Otis,

Thanks for that makes sense.  I have one more question: at this point
the only way for future expansion of shard count is by having more than
one shard per machine and then, when things grow, moving each shard to
its own dedicated machine?  That is how I understand it from the wiki.

So for instance I could have 10 shards where 2 machines have 5 shards
each.  Then I could move those shards to their own machines as the index
grows.  Is this correct?  Does it apply to replicas as well (5 per 2
replica machines)?

Finally being able to add more shards is something on the feature list?

Regards,
Nate