lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Dyer, James" <James.D...@ingramcontent.com>
Subject RE: Search using the result returned from the spell checking component
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2012 19:04:19 GMT
What you want isn't supported.  You always will need to issue that second request.  This would
be a nice feature to add though.

James Dyer
E-Commerce Systems
Ingram Content Group
(615) 213-4311

-----Original Message-----
From: Roni [mailto:roni@socialarray.com]
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2012 12:54 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Search using the result returned from the spell checking component

Hi,

I've successfully configured the spell check component and it works well.

I couldn't find an answer to my question so any help would be much
appreciated:

Can i send a single request to Solr, and make it so that if any part of the
query was misspelled, than the search would be performed using the first
spell suggestion that returns?

I want to make only one request, e.g. submit a query only once, if that is
possible.

For example: if a user searched for "jaca" than the search would be
performed only once - for "java".

Thanks an advance for any answer or a link to a relevant resource (I
couldn't find any).