lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Dyer, James" <James.D...@ingramcontent.com>
Subject RE: Spellchecker for multiple sites (and languages?)
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2012 17:45:08 GMT
The Lucene spellcheckers just look at each word in isolation, which is what the extended results
are reporting on.  So when using "maxCollationTries", etc, this information becomes less useful.
 Its when Solr tries to put these words together into a meaningful collation that you get
a good query with only applicable data returned.  If you need more information than just the
re-written query, set "spellcheck.collateExtendedResults=true".  It will tell you which original
word was replaced with what, etc.  This way if you need to re-write the query in a custom
manner or want to give the users a message about which words were misspelled, etc, you can
do so easily.

James Dyer
E-Commerce Systems
Ingram Content Group
(615) 213-4311

-----Original Message-----
From: André Schild [mailto:a.schild@aarboard.ch]
Sent: Monday, November 26, 2012 11:24 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Spellchecker for multiple sites (and languages?)

Am 26.11.2012 16:32, schrieb Markus Jelsma:
> Hi - check the new spellchecker collate options. It limits spellchecker suggestions to
the fq restrictions. If you filter on specific hosts, the spellchecker will only provide suggestions
that are found in that host. Same goes for language.

> http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SpellCheckComponent#spellcheck.collate

After some try & error it does exactly why I wish, Thanks

I noticed, that when I use spellcheck.extendedResults=true,
that in the extended resulsts the other (invalid) results are still
shown....
a bug or expected behaviour in the extended resulsts ?

André