lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From 菅沼 嘉一 <yo_sugan...@waku-2.com>
Subject RE: Apache Solr Quiz
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2012 12:22:46 GMT
I am almost beginner for Solr. So this quiz site is very helpful for education training.
Could you let me add a question to this site?

Q.
The documents are ranked by the "Score" which is calculated by the "Nearness" of document
and query.
This score is tend to increase depending on the length of query because the longer query is
the more coincidence match with field.
So Solr is automatically adjusting this score with using the number of "Norm" for not to increase
the score in the case of the longer query.
If you do NOT want to reflect this Norm to the score, which of attributes below should be
described in fieldType?

NoNorms="true"
editNorms="true"
omitNorms="true"

A.
omitNorms="true"

I hope this question will be added into the site.

Suganuma
Recruit Technologies