lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Zeng Lames <lezhi.z...@gmail.com>
Subject Add new shard will be treated as replicas in Solr4.0?
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2012 09:09:45 GMT
Dear All,

we have an existing solr collection, 2 shards, numOfShard is 2. and there
are already records in the index files. now we start another solr instance
with ShardId= shard3, and found that Solr treat it as replicas.

check the zookeeper data, found the range of shard doesn't
change correspondingly. shard 1 is 0-7fffffff, while shard 2 is
80000000-ffffffff.

is there any way to increase new shard for existing collection?

thanks a lot!
Lames