lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Carlos Alexandro Becker <caarl...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: migrating from solr3 to solr4
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2012 13:35:29 GMT
So, we have a module in our app, called indexer. In it's pom.xml file, solr is
added as dependency, like this:

<dependency>
            <!-- Main dependency for Solr war -->
            <groupId>org.apache.solr</groupId>
            <artifactId>solr</artifactId>
            <version>${solr-version}</version>
            <type>war</type>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <!-- ExtractionHandler dependency -->
            <groupId>org.apache.solr</groupId>
            <artifactId>solr-cell</artifactId>
            <version>${solr-version}</version>
            <type>jar</type>
            <exclusions>
                <exclusion>
                    <groupId>org.apache.solr</groupId>
                    <artifactId>solr-core</artifactId>
                </exclusion>
                <exclusion>
                    <groupId>commons-codec</groupId>
                    <artifactId>commons-codec</artifactId>
                </exclusion>
                <exclusion>
                    <groupId>commons-logging</groupId>
                </exclusion>
                <exclusion>
                    <artifactId>jdom</artifactId>
                    <groupId>jdom</groupId>
                </exclusion>
            </exclusions>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.solr</groupId>
            <artifactId>solr-velocity</artifactId>
            <version>${solr-version}</version>
            <exclusions>
                <exclusion>
                    <groupId>org.apache.solr</groupId>
                    <artifactId>solr-core</artifactId>
                </exclusion>
            </exclusions>
        </dependency>

        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.solr</groupId>
            <artifactId>solr-core</artifactId>
            <version>${solr-version}</version>
            <scope>provided</scope>
            <exclusions>
                <exclusion>
                    <groupId>org.apache.lucene</groupId>
                    <artifactId>lucene-core</artifactId>
                </exclusion>
                <exclusion>
                    <groupId>commons-codec</groupId>
                    <artifactId>commons-codec</artifactId>
                </exclusion>
                <exclusion>
                    <groupId>commons-fileupload</groupId>
                    <artifactId>commons-fileupload</artifactId>
                </exclusion>
                <exclusion>
                    <groupId>commons-io</groupId>
                    <artifactId>commons-io</artifactId>
                </exclusion>
                <exclusion>
                    <groupId>commons-httpclient</groupId>
                    <artifactId>commons-httpclient</artifactId>
                </exclusion>
                <exclusion>
                    <groupId>org.apache.solr</groupId>
                    <artifactId>solr-solrj</artifactId>
                </exclusion>
                <exclusion>
                    <groupId>stax</groupId>
                    <artifactId>stax-api</artifactId>
                </exclusion>
            </exclusions>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.lucene</groupId>
            <artifactId>lucene-core</artifactId>
            <version>${solr-version}</version>
            <scope>provided</scope>
        </dependency>

 Then, in this project, we add some custom Tokenizers and other things, as
well the xml files with the configurations.

Ok, I just changed the ${solr-version} from 3.6.0 to 4.0.0, fixed the
tokenizers to fit the new classes, redeploy the app (in a jboss 7, btw),
and try to add the solr admin page (localhost:8080/indexer), but, it didn't
work.

For start, seems like it don't have a index.html file, so, I go manually do
admin.html, and when I was thinking that's finally working, the load never
ends. The menu is loaded as expected, but, no "real content" is shown. I
got the following error in browser console:

http://localhost:8080/indexer/$%7BcontextPath%7D$%7BadminPath%7D?wt=json

 BTW, I have no error in server console, and, looks like the index was
successful converted, as the app search still works (at least until now).

I was investigating the solr JS files, and I think that I found something
relative to the issue. Injs/scripts/cores.js, at line 32, I found the
following:

url : app.config.solr_path + app.config.core_admin_path + '?wt=json',

It does not work, because looks like app this:

app
solr_admin
config: Object
core_admin_path: "${adminPath}"
solr_path: "${contextPath}"
__proto__: Object
menu_element: jQuery.fn.jQuery.init[1]
run: function ()
timeout: null
__proto__: Object

It looks like a miss configuration. I just don't know exactly what config
and were to put it.

Thanks in advance.

--
Atenciosamente,