lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: large text blobs in string field
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2012 19:59:12 GMT
The only thing "special" about a multiValued field is that it can have
non-consecutive positions due to the incrementGap. So, if you set the
incrementGap=1, adding 10,000,000 words in one go is the same as adding 1
word at a time 10,000,000 times to a mutliValued field.

I think the only practical is that you're _probably_ going to have problems
if (total tokens added) + (increment_gap * number of entries) > 2B or so...

FWIW
Erick