lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis.gospodne...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: need help on solr search
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2012 19:20:45 GMT
Hi,

I don't follow. :(  See inline.

On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 2:16 PM, jchen2000 <jchen200@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Seems like phrase query is close, but not exactly what we needed. Here is
> an
> example assuming just one field:
> the doc: a1 a2 a3 b1 b2 c1 c2 c3 c4 d1 d2
> the query: a1 a2* a3 a4* b1 b2* c2 d1* d2

Are those *s wildcards? Are they relevant here?  If not, remove them to
keep your example as simple as possible.

both doc and query terms are ordered. We know that a term should never go
> match with b or c terms. Obviously, if we treat all query terms with OR, we

What does "should never go match with b or c terms" mean?  I see b1, b2*,
c2 in there. There are no b or c terms anywhere in example doc or querym
just b1, b2*, c2.

> could have the job done, but in a much slower way (also the returned list
> would be too long). So the question is, do we have a way to speed this
> query
> up? or customization code is needed (and how)?

Is that query supposed to match that doc?
Ah, I think I see what you are trying to do/say.

You want "ordered term matching" (like in a phrase), but you cannot use AND
because you do not want all query terms to be required.  Correct?

If so, would "a1 a2* a3 a4* b1 b2* c2 d1* d2"~someBigSlop work?

I'm not sure if that would be faster than the OR query, but see if that
even does what you are after.

Otis