lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [SolrCloud] is softcommit cluster-wide for the collection ?
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2012 16:05:54 GMT

On Nov 21, 2012, at 11:00 AM, GIROLAMI Philippe <philippe.girolami@cegedim.fr> wrote:

> Hi Mark,
> Thanks for the details
>>> If the answer is b), what would happen on a 1-replica setup if one commit succeeded
and the replica commit failed  ?
>> What's the reason the commit failed? Either a really bad problem and that node will
need to be restarted and either won't answer requests or it will
>> be asked to recover by the leader when sending it an update that failed.
> Something dumb like a full disk for example. So I understand that the leader for the
shard stored to the transaction log which means that if, in the worst case, it crashes and
does not loose disk data, it will replay it. And for "slaves" crashes, they will get the commit
log from the leader.
> Is this right ?

All of the nodes have their own transaction log. When a node comes back up, he will replay
his local transaction log. Then he will contact the leader and compare versions - if he matches,
it's all good - if not, he recovers from the leader. If he is the leader, he just replays
his own local transaction log.

- Mark