lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Doug Kunzman <dkunz...@usgs.gov>
Subject sort on wild card query not working in solr 3.6
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2012 11:08:36 GMT
Hi -

We are using SOLR 3.6 and have noticed that when the start parameter is a
very large number SOLR's performance is rather slow.
After looking at our schema I was hoping to speed up SOLR performance by
using a sort order since it could be on an index column.
This hasn't worked.  I was wondering if anyone on the list has an idea?

This query takes 1708ms which is very good.
http://bison.usgs.ornl.gov/bisondev_solr/core0/select/?q=provider_id:10&rows=25&start=10&sort:provider_id

This query takes 108129ms which is causing us a lot of problems.
http://bison.usgs.ornl.gov/bisondev_solr/core0/select/?q=*:*&rows=25&start=108524450&sort:id

Is there anything we can do?  I have looked at most of the standard
documentation on the web but this is my first project using SOLR.

D. Kunzman
12201 Sunrise Valley Drive
Reston, VA 20192