lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Markus Jelsma <markus.jel...@openindex.io>
Subject SolrCloud indexing blocks if node is recovering
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2012 13:45:33 GMT
Hi,

We just tested indexing some million docs from Hadoop to a 10 node 2 rep SolrCloud cluster
with this week's trunk. One of the nodes gave an OOM but indexing continued without interruption.
When i restarted the node indexing stopped completely, the node tried to recover - which was
unsuccessful. I restarted the node again but that wasn't very helpful either. Finally i decided
to stop the node completely and see what happens - indexing resumed.

Why or how won't the other nodes accept incoming documents when one node behaves really bad?
The dying node wasn't the node we were sending documents to and we are not using CloudSolrServer
yet (see other thread). Is this known behavior? Is it a bug?

Thanks,
Markus