lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Markus Jelsma <markus.jel...@openindex.io>
Subject positions and qf parameter in (e)dismax
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2012 13:01:37 GMT
Hi,

We do not want to store positions for some fields or omit term and positions (or just tf)
for other fields. Obviously we don't need/want explicit phrase matching on the fields we want
to configure without positions, but (e)dismax doesn't let us. All text fields configured in
the QF parameter are eligible for explicit phrase matching and need to have positions. We're
looking for a way to disable what we don't need and prevent Solr from searching fields for
phrases that we don't want to be searched on.

Essentially we'd want to limit explicit phrase matching to the same fields configured in pf
or have Lucene ignore explicit phrase searching on fields that have no positions loaded.

Any ideas to share?

Thanks,
Markus