lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Markus Jelsma <markus.jel...@openindex.io>
Subject Reduce QueryComponent prepare time
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2012 14:56:30 GMT
Hi,

We're seeing high prepare times for the QueryComponent, obviously due to the vast amount of
field and queries. It's common to have a prepare time of 70-80ms while the process times drop
significantly due to warmed searchers, OS cache etc. The prepare time is a recurring issue
and i'd hope if there are people here that can share some thoughts or hints.

We're using a recent check out on a 10 node test cluster with SSD's (although this is no IO
issue) and edismax on about a hundred different fields, this includes phrase searches over
most of those fields and SpanFirst queries on about 25 fields.  We'd like to see how we can
avoid doing the same prepare procedure over and over again ;)

Thanks,
Markus