lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Markus Jelsma <markus.jel...@openindex.io>
Subject RE: positions and qf parameter in (e)dismax
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2012 09:27:44 GMT
Hi - no we're not getting any errors because we enabled positions on all fields that are also
listed in the qf-parameter. If we don't, and send a phrase query we would get an error such
as:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: field "h1" was indexed without position data; cannot run
PhraseQuery (term=a)
	at org.apache.lucene.search.PhraseQuery$PhraseWeight.scorer(PhraseQuery.java:274)
	at org.apache.lucene.search.DisjunctionMaxQuery$DisjunctionMaxWeight.scorer(DisjunctionMaxQuery.java:160)
	at org.apache.lucene.search.IndexSearcher.search(IndexSearcher.java:589)
	at org.apache.lucene.search.IndexSearcher.search(IndexSearcher.java:280)
	at org.apache.solr.search.SolrIndexSearcher.getDocListAndSetNC(SolrIndexSearcher.java:1518)
	at org.apache.solr.search.SolrIndexSearcher.getDocListC(SolrIndexSearcher.java:1265)
	at org.apache.solr.search.SolrIndexSearcher.search(SolrIndexSearcher.java:384)
	at org.apache.solr.handler.component.QueryComponent.process(QueryComponent.java:411)
	at org.apache.solr.handler.component.SearchHandler.handleRequestBody(SearchHandler.java:204)
	at org.apache.solr.handler.RequestHandlerBase.handleRequest(RequestHandlerBase.java:129)
	at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.execute(SolrCore.java:1555)
	at org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.execute(SolrDispatchFilter.java:442)
	at org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.doFilter(SolrDispatchFilter.java:263)

We have fields in qf that we don't need to be searched for explicit phrase queries so we'd
like to omit positions, offsets and so on. But if we do, we'll get the above error for explicit
phrase queries.

Thanks