lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "David Parks" <davidpark...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: solr + jetty deployment issue
Date Fri, 28 Dec 2012 02:31:04 GMT
Do you see any errors coming in on the console, stderr?

I start solr this way and redirect the stdout and stderr to log files, when
I have a problem stderr generally has the answer:

java \
        -server \
        -Djetty.port=8080 \
        -Dsolr.solr.home=/opt/solr \
        -Dsolr.data.dir=/mnt/solr_data \
        -jar /opt/solr/start.jar >/opt/solr/logs/stdout.log
2>/opt/solr/logs/stderr.log &

-----Original Message-----
From: Sushrut Bidwai [mailto:bidwai.sushrut@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 27, 2012 7:40 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: solr + jetty deployment issue

Hi,

I am having trouble with getting solr + jetty to work. I am following all
instructions to the letter from - http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrJetty. I
also created a work folder - /opt/solr/work. I am also setting tmpdir to a
new path in /etc/default/jetty . I am confirming the tmpdir is set to the
new path from admin dashboard, under args.

It works like a charm. But when I restart jetty multiple times, after 3/4
such restarts it starts hanging. Admin pages just dont load and my app fails
to acquire a connection with solr.

What I might be missing? Should I be rather looking at my code and see if I
am not committing correctly?

Please let me know if you have faced similar issue in the past and how to
tackle it.

Thank you.

--
Best Regards,