lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From deniz <denizdurmu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SolrCloud - Sorting Problem
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2012 00:25:55 GMT
Chris Hostetter-3 wrote
> w/o more information about how/where you add this information, it's going
> to be really hard to give you suggestions on how to fix your problem.

The modifications I made is nearly the same with score field. Basically I
have added a PositionAugmenter class, modified ReturnFields class and made
some changes on the classes which extends Document Iterator class, to show
positions for each document. It is pretty simple actually, when you make a
query you see some results, sorted by whichever field you choose, and
depending on how you see the result page, there is position information for
each document added by my modifications.

And thank you for your explanation, as i see, it is pretty much works in the
same way with traditional sharding... but the point which makes me totally
confused is that even if there is a single solr instance in cloud the order
of documents is different and position information is not correct.

So when you make a search on a standalone single solr, you see some
documents sorted in some order. And when you make the same search, with the
same dataset and index in a cloud which has single solr inside, returns
documents in a different order. so basically even without asking for
position information, the order is different between a standalone and an
instance on the cloud.

besides this, I have made some simple tests to see what was going on. on a
standalone solr, when i make a query, and also add position in fl, my
modifications are called only once, and then i see the results. however, in
cloud, with a single instance, when i run the same query, the same part is
called more than once, usually 3 times (I dont know why?)

and when there are more instances on the cloud, i can see same logs in both
instances, though number of times that i can see the logs differs for each
request, which is normal for cloud with multiple solrs running on it...

after these, I guess i need to check how the request is distributed on
cloud... any ideas where I should start checking?

-----
Zeki ama calismiyor... Calissa yapar...