lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From jmlucjav <jmluc...@gmail.com>
Subject optimun precisionStep for DAY granularity in a TrieDateField
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2012 18:16:46 GMT
Hi

I have a TrieDateField in my index, where I will index dates (range
2000-2020). I am only interested in the DAY granularity, that is , I dont
care about time (I'll index all based on the same Timezone).

Is there an optimun value for precisionStep that I can use so I don't index
info I will not ever use?? I have looked but have not found some info on
what values of precisionStep map to year/month/../day/hour... (not sure if
the mapping is straightforward anyway).

thanks for the help.