lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From davers <dboych...@improvementdirect.com>
Subject Updating configuration files when using Solr Cloud
Date Wed, 26 Dec 2012 20:21:29 GMT
What is the recommended process of updating configuration files when using
Solr Cloud? For instance I want to update my synonyms.txt file or
elevate.xml files. I know that these files are stored in the zookeeper
ensemble and can be updated there. My question is what is the best method of
updating these files? I am currently expecting to have to write my own java
program to interface these files for editing.

The other question that I have is once these files are updated will each
server in the cloud need to either have its servlet restarted or it's
configurations reloaded?

I have also asked a similar question regarding adding solr cores to a
running solr cloud which still hasn't been answered here
http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Adding-a-new-core-to-SolrCloud-without-affecting-the-initial-core-td4028408.html

I would appreciate any help with these issues.