lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <s...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: multiple indexes?
Date Sat, 01 Dec 2012 06:02:00 GMT
On 11/30/2012 10:11 PM, Joe Zhang wrote:
> May I ask: how to set up multiple indexes, and specify which index to send
> the docs to at indexing time, and later on, how to specify which index to
> work with?
>
> A related question: what is the storage location and structure of solr
When you index or query data, you'll use a base URL specific to the
index (core).  Everything goes through that base URL, which includes the
name of the core:

http://server:port/solr/corename

The file called solr.xml tells Solr about multiple cores.Each core has
an instanceDir and a dataDir.

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/CoreAdmin

In the dataDir, Solr will create an index dir, which contains the Lucene
index.  Here are the file formats for recent versions:

http://lucene.apache.org/core/4_0_0/core/org/apache/lucene/codecs/lucene40/package-summary.html
http://lucene.apache.org/core/3_6_1/fileformats.html
http://lucene.apache.org/core/old_versioned_docs/versions/3_5_0/fileformats.html

Thanks,