lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Andy D'Arcy Jewell <andy.jew...@sysmicro.co.uk>
Subject Backing up SolR 4.0
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2012 14:07:23 GMT
Hi all.

I'm new to SolR, and I have recently had to set up a SolR server running
4.0.

I've been searching for info on backing it up, but all I've managed to
come up with is "it'll be different" or "you'll be able to do push
replication" or using http and the command=backup parameter, which
doesn't sound like it will be effective for a production setup (unless
I've got that wrong)...

I was wondering if I can just stop or suspend the SolR server, then do
an LVM snapshot of the data store, before bringing it back on line, but
I'm not sure if that will cut it. I gather merely rsyncing the data
files won't do...

Can anyone give me a pointer to that "easy-to-find" document I have so
far failed to find? Or failing that, maybe some sound advice on how to
proceed?

Regards,
-Andy

--