lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <s...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Luke and SOLR search giving different results
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2012 22:03:47 GMT
On 12/3/2012 1:44 PM, Erol Akarsu wrote:
> I tried  as search query  not "baş" but "features:baş" in field "q" in SOLR
> GUI. And, I got result!
>
> In the one document, I had some fields type of text_eng, text_general and
> one field features type of text_tr. If I don't specify field name, SOLR use
> EnglishAnalyzer. If I do, it uses the analyzer specific to field specified
> in search query string.

Your config is set up to search against a field named "text" by default
- either by a setting in schema.xml or a "df" parameter in your search
handler definition in solrconfig.xml.  If you are using (e)dismax, it
might be qf/pf parameters instead of df.

The field named text is not properly set up for this search.  Your
attachment at the beginning of this thread indicates that either you do
not have a text field for this document at all, or that field is not
stored.  If the text field is a copyField as Jack has mentioned, note
that it doesn't matter what analysis you are doing on features -- the
copy is done before analysis, so it is completely separate.

Thanks,
Shawn