lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Exner <daniel.ex...@esemos.de>
Subject Re: Solr3 and solr4 side by side in tomcat on windows
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2012 10:44:02 GMT
Hi,

Gian Maria Ricci - aka Alkampfer wrote:
> Hi to everyone, I've a solr3.6 server up and running, now I wish to install solr4 on
the same machine and if possible in side-by-side configuration. (tomcat on Windows) Is it
possible and is there some documentation on how to do this? Thanks a lot. Gian Maria.

Just deploy Solr4 in the running tomcat and configure another context.
You can copy the whole Solr3.6 config over, but have to do some
tweaking, obviously.

Catalina.out will guide you the way ;)

Also it is not recommended to use the "old" index from 3.6 but do a
fresh reindexing of your docs.

Greetings
Daniel Exner