lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Andy D'Arcy Jewell <andy.jew...@sysmicro.co.uk>
Subject Re: Pause and resume indexing on SolR 4 for backups
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2012 10:44:02 GMT
On 20/12/12 10:24, Gora Mohanty wrote:

> Unless I am missing something, the index is only being written to
> when you are adding/updating the index. So, the question is how
> is this being done in your case, and could you pause indexing for
> the duration of the backup?
>
> Regards,
> Gora
It's attached to a web-app, which accepts uploads and will be available
24/7, with a global audience, so "pausing" it may be rather difficult
(tho I may put this to the developer - it may for instance be possible
if he has a small number of choke points for input into SolR).

Thanks.

--
Andy D'Arcy Jewell

SysMicro Limited