lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <erik.hatc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Converting fq params to Filter object
Date Thu, 27 Dec 2012 17:53:25 GMT
I think the answer is yes, that there's a better way to doing all of this.  But I'm not yet
sure what this all entails in your situation.  What are you overriding with the Lucene searches?
  I imagine Solr has the flexibility to handle what you're trying to do without overriding
anything core in SolrIndexSearcher.

Generally, the way to get a custom filter in place is to create a custom query parser and
use that for your fq parameter, like fq={!myparser param1='some value'}possible+expression+if+needed,
so maybe that helps?

Tell us more about what you're doing specifically, and maybe we can guide you to a more elegant
way to plug in any custom logic you want.

	Erik