lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Alexandre Rafalovitch <arafa...@gmail.com>
Subject What does SOLR actually do with Payloads?
Date Fri, 28 Dec 2012 21:25:13 GMT
Hello,

I am trying to figure out payloads and , as far as I can tell, Solr does
not actually do anything with them.

Wiki says that they can be generated, but nothing seems to use them for
anything. This mailing list had 4 or 5 questions on payloads in last six
months and nobody answered those.

So, is there there some sort of end-to-end path/example of using them or
are they there just because Lucene has them and people have to write custom
code to use them?

Regards,
    Alex.
- Time is the quality of nature that keeps events from happening all at
once. Lately, it doesn't seem to be working.  (Anonymous  - via GTD book)