lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis.gospodne...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What do I need to research to solve the problem of returning good results for a generic term?
Date Sat, 29 Dec 2012 05:27:18 GMT
Hi David,

The first thing that comes to mind is to pay attention to searcher's recent
searches, recent items viewed, recent categories browsed and such.  You
could also try using collaborative filtering to compute similar users
(based on purchase history, for example) and based on that guess what
category of products the person is looking for when he/she searches for
"black dress".

Otis
--
Solr & ElasticSearch Support