lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Invalid version (expected 2, but 60) or the data in not in 'javabin'
Date Wed, 26 Dec 2012 02:20:33 GMT
The problem is not necessary xml - it seems to be anything that is not valid javabin - I've
just most often seen it with 404s that return an html error.

I'm not sure if there is a jira issue or not, but this type of thing should be failing in
a more user friendly way.

As to why your response is corrupt, I have no guesses.

This is easily repeatable? It's happening every time, or randomly?

- Mark

On Dec 25, 2012, at 4:23 AM, Shahar Davidson <shahard@checkpoint.com> wrote:

> Thanks Otis.
>
> I went through every piece of info that I could lay may hands on.
> Most of them are about incompatible SolrJ versions (that's not my case) and there was
one message from Mark Miller that Solr may respond with an XML  instead of javabin in case
there was some kind of http error being returned (that's not my case either).

> I'm using distributed search.
> I added some debug output to print out the response once the "Invalid version" exception
is caught (in JavaBinCode.unmarshal() ).
> What I saw is that the response actually contains the facet response in XML format, yet
I also noticed that the response is corrupt (i.e. as if a chunk of text has been taken out
of the middle of the reply - some kind of overrun perhaps?).