lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From davers <dboych...@improvementdirect.com>
Subject Solr Collection API doesn't seem to be working
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2013 00:58:29 GMT
Hello I have an external zookeeper ensemble and I have started 6 tomcat
servers with solr running with the default solr.xml

I have uploaded the config directory to zookeeper and linked the collection.

http://d.pr/i/BkT

My solr.xml is nearly the default with a minor adjustment for the jetty.port
parameter:

  <cores adminPath="/admin/cores" defaultCoreName="collection1"
host="${host:}" hostPort="${jetty.port:8080}" hostContext="${hostContext:}"
zkClientTimeout="${zkClientTimeout:15000}">
  </cores>

When I try to create the collection issuing the command:
/solr/admin/collections?action=CREATE&name=productindex&numShards=3 (I leave
replicationFactor out because I want my cloud to automatically re-size
vertically as I add or remove replicant servers) I get output in the log:

INFO: Creating Collection : numShards=3&name=productindex&action=CREATE

But nothing happens. The solr.xml files are not updated. What am I doing
wrong?