lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Marcel Bremer <mbre...@innomedia.nl>
Subject Solr 4.0, slow opening searchers
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2013 13:51:38 GMT
Hi,

We're experiencing slow startup times of searchers in Solr when containing a large number
of documents.

We use Solr v4.0 with Jetty and currently have 267.657.634 documents stored, spread across
9 cores. These documents contain keywords, with additional statistics, which we are using
for suggestions and related keywords. When we (re)start Solr on one of our servers it can
take up to two hours before Solr has opened all of it's searchers and starts accepting connections
again. We can't figure out why it takes so long to open those searchers. Also the CPU and
memory usage of Solr while opening searchers is not extremely high.

Are there any known issues or tips someone could give us to speed up opening searchers?

If you need more details, please ping me.

Best regards,

Marcel Bremer
Vinden.nl BV